Planck's Place

Welcome. If you are here, then more than likely it means you were invited. What is a blog you say? Well, it's a type of website run a bit like a news letter. I can edit and add things as often as I like. So in a way it's a journal online. I created this just to share with our family and friends across the miles. Check back often and add comments when you feel so compelled. Most of the photos are of Emily, but if you look often enough, you will catch the occasional one of Tony and I.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Crater Lake

Whew, at this point we have done a ton of miles this week. We reached Diamond Lake in the evening and got into our room. Dinner took forever and we were all tired. I am just realizing now that I never took the camera out even once! So let's skip to the crater.....

We ran up to Crater Lake just after sunset. The wind had come up and it was getting too cold for Gogo, so the expected oooohs and ahhhhhhs didn't happen. I held out for the morning visit and we all went back to the room and passed out.

The next morning got the expected woooooooooooooooooow as we walked to the craters edge and peered over the side. A run through the gift shop prooved too much for me at the end of the trip, I couldn't cool off, (it was like 110 outside!) and who knew that the shop had no air conditioning! After recomposing myself, a long drive into Bend pursued. Again, cranky, hot and stiff from all the driving, we hit Bend in 5:00 traffic and I felt like I was coming unglued. 2 1/2 hours later we got a room at LaQuinta Inn and refreshed our aching bodies and minds in the pool and hot tub. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Here's some snapshots from the Lake, it's a shame, but it was hot and not so spectacular to me, so I wasn't real inspired to take great photos. (I've been here 5 times, and seen it much prettier, hard to imagine I know) I did manage snapshots to record the visit with Gogo here.

Everyone enjoyed the views and the chipmunks were a huge hit!














0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home