Planck's Place

Welcome. If you are here, then more than likely it means you were invited. What is a blog you say? Well, it's a type of website run a bit like a news letter. I can edit and add things as often as I like. So in a way it's a journal online. I created this just to share with our family and friends across the miles. Check back often and add comments when you feel so compelled. Most of the photos are of Emily, but if you look often enough, you will catch the occasional one of Tony and I.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Olallie Lake, Oregon

Our next destination for Gogo and summer vacation is Olallie Lake. After arriving we were informed that the EPA had shut down all of their camp water services, this meant NO showers, no running water, no nothing. We decided to only stay a couple of nights instead of a week and make the best of it.

Gramie Gogo feared for bears and froze the first night, Emily caught her very first fish ever, rode in a row boat for the first time, and the Lake was stunning. We we thrilled to sit and watch the Osprey fishing! It all turned out fine in the end...

Tony took control over the 20D and I used my new 1D, so these photos are taken by both of us.

















2 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the great pic's! My wife and I have rented a cabin there during the Oct. deer and elk hunts. She and the dog would walk around the lake area while I was hunting. We fished together in the late afternoons. Possibly THE most scenic accessible areas in Oregon! My concern this year is... will the water be turned back on by this October? I read a review that said there was a propane leak as well..?? Any news on that?

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Mary Anne said...

I noticed you were there for hunting. I drew a high cascade deer tag and was wondering if you had any luck in that area. I am hoping to find some units that were logged 3 or 4 years ago that would be good feed for deer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home