Planck's Place

Welcome. If you are here, then more than likely it means you were invited. What is a blog you say? Well, it's a type of website run a bit like a news letter. I can edit and add things as often as I like. So in a way it's a journal online. I created this just to share with our family and friends across the miles. Check back often and add comments when you feel so compelled. Most of the photos are of Emily, but if you look often enough, you will catch the occasional one of Tony and I.

Monday, June 26, 2006

For the birds




We have babies! I was a bit worried about the little guys in this heat, last year we had a batch that didn't make it, so I stuck a nail in the side of the house and mounted a desk fan on it aimed at the birdhouse about 2 feet away, the parents didn't mind and it did help cool things off, ya I am a sap... It's pretty interesting to watch the sparrows, they feed the babies in a colony, who knows who the real parents are, cause there are at least a dozen adults coming to feed constantly, they actually wait in line to feed next along our fence out back! It was so hot, different species of birds were accomodating each other for the bird bath, this robin bathed in the middle of the sparrows, while a blue jay waited one the ground and a crow on the fence behind (no doubt waiting for me to leave, not the little ones, he took over as soonas I left)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home