Planck's Place

Welcome. If you are here, then more than likely it means you were invited. What is a blog you say? Well, it's a type of website run a bit like a news letter. I can edit and add things as often as I like. So in a way it's a journal online. I created this just to share with our family and friends across the miles. Check back often and add comments when you feel so compelled. Most of the photos are of Emily, but if you look often enough, you will catch the occasional one of Tony and I.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

As summer comes to an end...

It's been a while since my last post. Much has happened in the last month! I am recovering well from my hysterectomy surgery 3 weeks ago. (this is why there have been no posts lately)

We kept busy camping and hiking and playing most of the season. As fall draws near, I have that dreaded feeling of having to go back to work again, but I also look forward to having the routine back, with some order around here.

Emily started Pre-K/Junior kindergarten today. She went right into class like a pro! I was so proud. I can't wait to pick her up and hear all about her first day. It's awful quiet around the house here alone...


We often sit outside on our front bench and watch the humming birds drink from our feeder. They are literally 2 feet away and even come down and fly right up to us to check things out. They like to see their reflections in my camera lens. This is an Anna's Hummingbird, about 2 1/2 inches long. We also get Roufus and Black Chinned Hummingbirds here. It's amazing how hard they are to photograph, you wouldn't believe it until you tried it I guess, so I was thrilled with this photo and the colors showing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home